Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Define Insomnia

I was sent a message today from some college kid on facebook, who also has insomnia, though it quickly became very clear that it wasn't very severe. I asked him to describe the symptoms of his insomnia, to which he just replied he can't sleep. I asked how long he would go without sleep, and he told me it was just random nights. Every other week or so. I told him that he probably didn't have a big problem and that his could probably just be solved through natural remedies.
I suggested all the good old ones, like a glass of warm milk, c-span, chamomile, lavender, all that jazz. Since he is in college the main cause of insomnia there is probably just stress. Most college campuses have some free psychiatric help, so I suggested that if it keeps up that he could visit the health center to talk with someone and get therapy.
It's good to be able to help people find treatment for insomnia based on my own experience.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: